Thursday, March 24, 2011

set myself up for this

all my life i have been a giver!!! im the one that gives all i have in every single relationship and friendship i have ever been in. i cant help its just the way that i am. i want the people in my life to know that i am there for them, that i love them and that i want them to be happy. and i do all in my power for them to know these things. family and friends i do the same. i think many times i have outdone myself and now when something is going on or someone needs something who do they come to....ME...!!! and im there as usual, to bring a laugh, listen, advice when asked, and for whatever else.
dont get me wrong its nice to feel like im needed. but who is there for the girl that is there for everyone? there are fewer than i can count on one hand. hardly anyone there and concerned or interested in the bad and good going on in my life. no one i can run too, talk too about any and everything thats on my mind at any given time. its odd to me at times when i really think of all the times i have been there for people and never not even once have they or would they probably ever be there that way for me and its just plan and simply sad. sometimes its  like with all i give to everyone else im not even worth an answered phone call or text or a call back, something that doesnt surprise me in the least but still bothers me when i sit and think about it. maybe there needs to be some change in the way i am with people, maybe i shouldnt make myself so available for this kind of thing to happen. you know the saying goes treat others the way you want to be treat and i have done that my whole life but i really feel sorry for certain ones if i start treating people the way they treat me. use me for all i have to give and then dont know me when things are so bad. oh how it would be so nice to have a FEW good friends that i could share good times with, visits, and chats, shopping, movies and whatever else we could do that would be fun. and then again to be there is something bad arose in my life...oh well this is something i have dealt with my whole life i should be used to it by now

No comments:

Post a Comment