Friday, December 10, 2010

control, discipline, respect

     For as long as i could remember i have always been the kind of person that needs to be in control, a leader, should i say the boss! Maybe it was from being the oldest of three girls and feeling i needed to guide them and take care of them, or maybe because when my parents divorced i actually had to guide my younger sisters, watch over them and be the mother and wife figure when it came to cooking meals and all the housework. Im not really sure but i have ever since been this way.
     Even in my marriage i have notice that i tend to take the more aggressive and dominating role, not that i try to do it in a mean or downgrading way towards my husband but something that i cant control and half the time dont even realize im doing. I dont consider myself a commanding and demanding person but when i know how something needs to be done and i tell you i expect it to be done that way.
    I am even more so when it comes to my kids, i am def one that when i say something you better do it and i will not say it twice. My kids listen to me very well, they do what they are told when they are told to do it. They keep their rooms clean, help with chores around the house and get baths and go to bed without a fight (well ryder is having sometrouble with that one right now) dont get me wrong they are still kids Riveranne being 5 and ryder only 2,and do things kids do, but they are very respectful and grateful for everything they have already at such a young age. I take pride in my kids because of these things, and completely believes in discipline and know that is a big part of them being that way.
     Another reason i feel so strongly about the way i handle things with my kids is because i know way to many people that would rather be friends with their kid than a parent and role model. I completely believe that lots of parents these days do not discipline (at all), their kids throw fits, smart off all the time, demand and get whatever they want, they tell the parents to jump and they are like how high. Im not sure if they think their kids wont love them if they actually say no every once in a while or what it is but i cant handle it, and i know a few personally and i cant hardly stand being around them. I think it is sad because these kids will never learn, responsibility, respect, and what real life is like.
     I know these opinions come from the way i was raised, with spankings instead of timeouts, and knowing to be grateful for what you have, i would never consider myself to have been a spoiled child, but extremely loved, and taught right from wrong and that there would always be consequences(sp) for the actions that i took. just a thought or two i had on my mind this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment