Tuesday, December 14, 2010

looking back at 2010

     We began the year as we are ending the year with more snow than i have seen in my lifetime here in kentucky. Even though i dont usually find snow attractive, ill admit that sometimes its pretty and i love that my kids just love getting out and playing in it with me...great memories made.
     In the spring we purchased a new used surburban, i love it, its like driving a short bus and just drinks the gas...and of course being my luck something is always wrong with it but hey thats what ya get for buying something used and who can afford something brand new. I also had a swarm of weddings to attend and was the maid of honor in one...making it the first wedding i had been in since mine, and one other when i was 5 years old. We celebrated my gagey poops 1st birthday, jasons birthday, and riverannes birthday with big blowouts. Riveranne graduated preschool!         
     As summer came i just knew it was gonna be the best yet. The city pool reopened the kiddie pool so we got a season pass and lived there, the kids loved the kiddie pool and i was able to sit and relax and get an awesome tan as they played their little hearts out and got good and worn out for great naps each day. Every day during the summer riveranne would ask when she was gonna be able to go back to school and i was very happy that she loved it so much. For kindergarten Riveranne was gonna be attending the school that i had attended for all of elementary school myself so i was very excited for her to go there. At the end of the summer I was able to take a little girls trip with my mom and sister to the kentucky state fair to see a few of my favorite country music artists in concert, we were gone for 2 days and 1 night and was able to see, billy currington, the band perry, kellie pickler, chris young, and RASCAL FLATTS!!! and even though i was a nervous wreck leaving the kids with jason all weekend because i never have ever before i had a blast.
      As the summer came to an end and fall began, Riveranne started kindergarten and i began volunteering a few times a week in her class reading with the kids and helping do whatever they might need help with. i have met some really great kids and i really enjoy going there, it is a way for me to get out of the hosue for a while and do something with myself...which also lead to me finding out they were going to be hiring for several assistant positions, taking the test and passing it and waiting to hear if i got one of them...i didnt get one of the positions but had also decided to go back to WKU and finish up my college so it all worked out one way or the other and i am now going back to school fulltime starting in jan 2011. During the fall we also celebrated ryder's 2nd birthday and my birthday both being on the same day and very special. I was shown the real colors of some people in my life, friends, family and church people. and it just helped me remember that the ones you love and care for the most will def be there first to turn on you and treat you like crap, resulting in me having to literally eliminate many people out of my life with no real chance of them coming back. I have realized this year who and what are really important and the other stuff is nothing to me, i know the family and friends that will truethfully be there for me when i need them and thats all i need in the life besides the Lord.
     So all in all this has been a fairly normal great year for me and my family and i have and will always overcome the obsticles put in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment