Friday, December 17, 2010

different roles

Its funny how from the very beginning there has been a very big difference in the man's and and the woman's roles in the family, the man goes and works and makes the money and the woman stays home takes care of the kids and house. Even though things have changed some over the years with working mothers and somestay home dads with equal responsibilities when it comes to the house and the kids, there are still some family that are like it used to be. I have been a stay home mother since i first gave birth to my daughter over 5 years ago, taking care of my children 24 hours a day and the house, my husband goes to work and works hard for us to have everything we have...Being a stay at home mother doesnt mean us moms dont need breaks every now and again, our jobs are enver ending, and i feel that my husband some what gets his break when he goes to work...maybe thats bad of me but that the way i feel.

on the ocfcasions where i do have to leave the kids with my husband to run errands or anything else i need to do, i always come home to a mess, i never feel like i can leave the house without worrying the entire time about if the kids are being watched well enough and if things are being done the way they should be...i think its a damn shame that i always have to feel this way...i came home with morning from being gone to my daughters school for only 2 hours and my husband was on the phone and my son was in my daughters room digging out all of her lipgloss and smearing it everywhere, he wasnt being watched and my hubby had no clue nor did he really care, this is by far the first time it has happened, something happens everytime i leave...once when my daughter was a baby, i left to run a few errands and when i walked back through the door she was and had written with an ink pen on every cushion on our brand new couch, chair and lounge in the livingroom, my hubby obviously hadnt been watching her for a while since she was able to write on all of that, i couldnt do anything but cry, and then took me a few hours to watch it all off. Back just  in august when my daughter was 5 and my son almost 2 i was able to take a small trip with my sister, 2 days and one night away from the house leaving my kids alone with their daddy for the first time ever since they had been born, i was a nervous wreck and my hubby wasnt all that thrilled about it either...not saying my trip was ruined but it def wasnt as pleasant as i would have liked for it to be and i thought that was a shame as well...
Im not trying to put my hubby down he works so hard for us, but its just funny how differently i think and act about things being a mother than he does being the father...differences i dont understand really. i just mean what am i suppose to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment