Sunday, December 12, 2010

my sunday mornings have changed

Most of my childhood and adult life i have woken up on sunday morning, thankful that i had a church to go to and worship in, i get up get the kids and myself ready and was so excited to go worship my Lord in a loving church with a wonderful church family. Boy was i a sucker!!! I know that no church is perfect and neither are any one person on this earth but the drama i have seen in the church i had been attending for years is just crazy. When i was a child in this church it was really no different, i was just young and didnt really notice the true actions that were taken when things happened but now as an adult i see and understand it very clearly. There is a very specific group in the church of people including the preacher himself, with similar interest, they get together often and engage in activities including judging, condemming, putting people down and shunning others...a group full of hypocrites. They dont hide it either but are very public with the way they do and about a year ago when a very serious situation arose they did all those things to one involved and totally enbraced, loved, and supported the other. I tried my hardest to not get into and thought that as long as i wasnt doing it everything would be fine and i continued to attend the church, help, love, pray for all, and worship as if nothing really had happened. after month and finally thinking things had died down with the drame they must have decided their hunger for needed to be filled so they grouped together and turned on a man calling him out of line with a very loud outburst from the preacher infront of everyone in sunday service for getting up and asking for people to pray for and with him at the alter, that man accuse was my father, making the stiuation very personal. As just like every other time before that specific group of people did what they do best, turned on him, bashed him, shunned him and much more, like questioning our motives for being at church to begin with...and all in all very odd situation resulting in my father and step mother and the rest of my family to no longer attend there.

This really hurts my heart, my children loved going there and had really learned alot just as i did going there as a child, but i cant keep worshipping with people that call theselves christians and then act like they do when a situation happens. So here it is sunday morning, a beautiful white sunday morning, one i am very thankful for, and we are sitting at the house relaxing instead of getting ourselves ready for church. Wow how things have changed. i can assure you my faith in the Lord has not be deminished because of this, i thank him, and praise him daily for He has blessed me and continues to do so on a daily basis. However my faith in man and being able to attend a place of worship with other people and to be able to pray, worship, and praise the Lord freely has definatly been altered and its sad that it has been because of people i trusted, loved, supported, and prayed for...just really comes to show that you can really only trust the Lord fully. And thats what im doing as i pray hard for Him to lead us to a church perfect for jason my kids and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment