Tuesday, December 21, 2010

my horrible phobia

POSUMES!!!
lets start from the very beginning....when i was 16 eyars old my first car was an 88 honda crx, it was extremely low to the ground and as i was driving to jasons house out in temple hill one day i hit a posume, never having an encounter with one before, this was definatly the worst possible way to do it, i hit the posume and instead of it going under my car it flopped up on the hood, dead, bleeding and mouth hung open, starring at me because my car was too low to the ground for it to go under it...i had to put the car in reverse and back up really fast to get it to roll off...i was terrified and tramatized from that day on....
throughout the 10 years since that incident i have had many encounters with them, everyone i know, knows about my phobia and feeds off of it thinking its comical...once i was in the car with my friend kacie, driving through the country with her 4 year old son in the back seat, knowing posumes could be around any corner, posumes usually move quiet slowly so needless to say i was not at all prepared for the huge posume that jumped, or should i say leaped out in front of us from the side of the road, making kacie slam on the brakes, sitting there looking at it completely still in the middle of the road, causing a chain reaction of my screaming in complete terror causing her poor little boy to awake with a scream of terror for his short life, i tried jumping in the back seat and he thought we were wrecking and kacie didnt do a damn thing but laugh her ass off...
For my 23rd birthday my sister amy and her boyfriend aaron decided it would be just awesome to break into my house while i was out eating dinner with jason and riveranne and hang 30 copies of the nastiest posume i have ever seen all over my house for me to stumble apon when i got home, all the time getting me on a hidden camera screaming and accusing jason of the horrible prank...good times. many many pranks have been pulled on my throughout the years...
One day i was determined to conquer my fear, so iwent to cracker barral and bought one of the stuffed posumes there, almost wrecking twice on the ride home because i would see it out of the corner of my eye...that posume still resides in my house where both my children have learned of my terrification of it and finds it quiet amusing to sneak up on me every now and again...guess it didnt work huh...
Thought the ones of you that didnt know all that well would find this little bit of info amusing yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment